Rapid Prototyper (Industrial Designer/Engineer)
Colorfy is looking for a junior- to mid-level prototyper/industrial designer/engineer to work with our cross-disciplinary design team. We seek candidates that are passionate about product design - both analog and digital - with a critical eye and exceptional taste. Candidates should be comfortable working across the full spectrum of the design process with a focus on prototyping/workshop, and enjoy getting their hands dirty.
The talent we are looking for has the ability to create good-looking physical prototypes, has experience working with rapid prototyping technologies (3D Print, CNC…) and is interested in electronics.
We help businesses solve complex challenges through practices in design, strategy and development. We aim to find the best, most direct and most rewarding way to build truly cherished digital experiences.
In our B2B consultancy services, we help our clients launch digital products and services that have a meaningful impact on the world.
- Manage model-making and assembly processes for a variety of prototypes, ranging from design prototypes to purely functional.
- Lead workshops to help clients and colleagues to prototype their ideas.
- Work alongside designers and engineers, helping to formulate ideas and turn them into tangible concepts.
- Communicate clearly the purpose of prototypes within design processes.
- Working in iterations to define prototypes according to feedback
- A deep understanding of prototyping technologies and materials
- A basic understanding of industry-standard applications – Adobe Creative Suite and newer tools like Sketch, etc.
- Experience working with electronic prototyping platforms
- A solid knowledge of CAD Software (preferably Rhino), CAD/CAM is a plus
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience working within creative teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related fiel
- 2-5 years of in-depth knowledge and experience of Product Design and Prototyping
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Interesting projects and nice mix of International Start Up and Big Corporate Clients
- Great international team and friendly work atmosphere
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Public transportation subsidies
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Yearly professional development budget
- Keeping you fueled with fresh fruits, great coffee and snacks
- Modern office located in the heart of Berlin (Mitte)