UX & Service Designer
Colorfy is looking for a junior to mid-level UX and service designer to work in our cross-disciplinary design team. We seek candidates who are passionate about product design — both analog and digital — with a critical eye and exceptional taste. Candidates should be comfortable working across the full spectrum of the design process, including client workshops, brainstorms, prototyping, interaction and service design and implementation.
Colorfy is where design meets IoT hardware and software engineering. We create products and services that have a meaningful impact on the world, and help other businesses launch their ideas in our B2B consultancy. We also help traditionally analog companies take their first steps into IoT, bringing them into the digital economy.
Colorfy is looking for talent that can listen to customer requirements, understand user behavior and conceptualize a design to deliver exceptional user experience.
As Colorfy’s UX and service designer, you will be:
- Defining user needs through research and generating concepts that define how people will interact with the products and services we design
- Leading client workshops and creative brainstorms, and developing interaction and service design definitions
- Applying user-centered design principles and validating design decisions using qualitative and quantitative data
- Clearly communicating detailed product design concepts and optimization with clients, as well as internally
- Outlining design solutions from beginning to end, including research findings, concept ideas, and detailed designs, both verbally and visually
- 2-4 years of in-depth knowledge and experience of interaction design and service design
- A deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, color, composition, layout, etc.)
- Knowledge of industry-standard applications — Adobe Creative Suite and newer tools like Sketch, etc.
- A high awareness of current trends in IoT and product design
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and enjoy collaborating with other designers
- You must be proficient in creating user journeys and service blueprints, information architecture, interaction schemas, flows and wireframes
- Experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper all the way to, ideally, physical prototyping
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Fluent English, German is a plus
- Interest in design research is viewed favorably
- Compelling projects with other startups, multinational corporate clients, and everything in between
- Vibrant international team and very friendly work atmosphere
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Stock options
- Free BVG (public transport) Monatskarte
- Yearly professional development budget
- Keeping you fuelled with fresh fruits, coffee and snacks
- Modern office located in the heart of Berlin (Mitte)
- No boredom! Colorfy offers challenges and development every day
- A position that offers you tangible impact on the company’s success with a high level of personal responsibility from day one
If the above sounds like you and you would like to be a part of our amazing team, let’s chat.